Friday, May 17, 2024
Home Community Page 94

Community

Spectrum of colour on show

Auburn’s Lochlan Smith, the artist now known as Lochesque, is giving Linhay Gallery a wicked injection of irreverence, protest and colour over the next...

Most loved community asset

The Mid North Community Passenger Network has proven to be a very valuable recourse throughout our community. Coordinator Damien Graham says the past year has been...

Keeping Mason’s memory alive

I survived. I survived another day. Another day without you. Another day where my heart is screaming out for you. I’ll survive tonight. Even through the deafening silence. Even through the...

Men on a fundraising mission

Two Mid North men are busily prepping their vintage vehicles for the Outback Car Trek next month in a bid to raise over $60,000...

Probus club’s future up in the air

The future of the Balaklava Probus Club is in doubt after it voted to go into a six-month recess following its April meeting. The decision...

Howe North: Community news

Good things crumb to those who bake  Congratulations to Collette Goldney, Renee Perry and Kobe Nicholls who won their respective categories in Balaklava RSL’s ANZAC...

Tales from the graves

Buried in a small cemetery in the heart of Clare are some of the town’s best-known forebears, names like Gleeson, Bentley and Maynard, along...

Rotary visitor in Clare

Amongst the many visitors to the Clare Valley over the Easter weekend was a member of the Caboolture Rotary Club, Peter Brown. Peter Brown spoke briefly...

Photographic movement

Our set subject ‘Movement’ had to show a subject that was obviously moving, but to make things a bit more varied for our judge...

Burra bluestone brought back to original beauty

What does it take to restore the Blacksmith Shop from the 1880s in the heart of Burra?  Former resident Helen Szuty has undergone a two-year...

Single Employer Model to attract more rural GPs

A joint initiative from the Federal and State Governments aims to make it easier for South Australians to see a doctor, by attracting and...